The City of Encinitas is accepting applications for appointment to the Urban Forest Advisory Committee (UFAC) to be composed of members of the community with interest and expertise in urban forestry. This group will advise and work together with the City Arborist to review and provide comments on City plans and policies related to urban forestry, including updates to the various aspects of the City’s Urban Forest Management Program and Administrative Manual, and, shall among other things:
- Review and provide comments on Tree Plans prior to consideration by the City Council.
- Review and provide comments on the Approved Tree Species Master List prior to consideration by the City Council.
- Review and provide comments to the City Arborist on proposed City Tree removals except in the case of emergency removals.
- Advise City Staff regarding programs of public outreach and education in order to promote public understanding of the City’s urban forest, including programs to celebrate and promote Arbor Day.
- Review and consider Heritage Tree applications in consultation with the City Arborist, and shall make recommendations to the Planning Commission.
- Review and provide comments to the City Arborist on proposed changes to the City’s Urban Forest Management Program.
The UFAC meetings will be open to the public, and will convene no less frequently than quarterly. All applicants must be residents of the City of Encinitas.
Applications are due no later 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
For application, click here
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 760-633-2601