To qualify for Section 8 in the City of Encinitas, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Household income at or below 50 percent of the Area Median Income – Income Limit Schedule Spanish Income Limit Schedule
- A household may consist of one adult, one or more adults with a child(ren), or two or more adults sharing a residence
- Highest priority goes to persons who live or work in the City of Encinitas AND are elderly, veterans, disabled, or working families.
To apply for Section 8 Rental Assistance in Encinitas, please complete the Pre-Application or Spanish Pre-Application, and return to:
City of Encinitas Housing Authority
Waiting List Coordinator
505 S. Vulcan Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
To check your status on the Section 8 Waitlist, or if you have questions about your application, please call the Section 8 Hotline at (760) 633-2723 or email at [email protected].
Please be aware that first priority on our waiting list will be given to persons who live or work in the City of Encinitas. If you do not live or work in Encinitas, then we anticipate that your name WILL NOT be reached on our waiting list. If you live outside of Encinitas, we suggest that you contact the Housing Authority that covers the area in which you live.
||Rancho Santa Fe
Updating Waiting List Information
If you are currently on the Section 8 waiting list for Encinitas, you are required to:
- Notify the EHA in writing of any changes in household composition, income, residence and/or mailing address, or phone number; and
- Respond to any request for information or attend a scheduled appointment.
** Failure to complete these requirements may result in your name being removed from the waiting list **
Transferring Waiting List Application
You may transfer your Section 8 waiting list application to Encinitas if you applied with another Housing Authority within San Diego County AND you are currently working or living in the City of Encinitas.
Please contact the Housing Authority in which you originally applied and request that a copy of the application be sent to EHA’s office. EHA will honor the original application date.
Those living outside of San Diego County who would like to sign up for Section 8 are encouraged to contact their local Housing Authority. For a list of all Housing Authorities, please contact HUD.
Forms & Documents