The EHA works with local property owners and managers to help meet the housing needs of low-income households. We appreciate your consideration of the Section 8 program and look forward to partnering with you to provide affordable housing to Encinitas families.
If you are interested in participating in the Section 8 program, please contact the Program Coordinator, Nikki Photinos at: (760) 943-2247 or [email protected].
As a property owner, you are entitled to screen potential tenants and set rules and regulations that are in conformance with California Tenant Law and federal housing laws. Ownership information is not required until a Program participant requests to rent your unit. By becoming our partner in the Section 8 program, you make it possible for low-income families to enjoy quality, affordable housing, and in return owners enjoy:
- Stable rent payments
- Unit inspections to ensure that the unit is being properly maintained
- Fair market rental rates (see payment standards)
- On time monthly payments via direct deposit
- Enforceable renter obligations defined in the lease addendum
PAYMENT STANDARDS (Effective October 1, 2016 - please note these amounts are subject to change)
Property Owner Responsibilities
- Screen potential tenants (participants)
- Maintain property in good condition and complete repairs within a reasonable amount of time
- Collect rent, security deposit, late fees, repair fees, and other charges
- Pay for utilities and services as indicated by the lease
- Comply with Fair Housing and Landlord/Tenant laws
Forms & Documents